Monday, April 24, 2006

Veni, Vidi, Da Vinci

I confess, I've never read The Da Vinci Code, but it seems that people are taking it far more seriously than what is essentially a crime thriller should be taken; I was in Barnes & Noble the other day, and there was an entire table devoted to books and other materials related to The Da Vinci Code. (A friend of mine who is a professional magazine editor read it--or started to--and said it weas badly written, and I tend to take his word for things like that.) I was, however, amused to read this passage from a BBC.com story about a talk given by Da Vinci Code author Dan Brown:
During the event Brown said he often uses a pair of gravity boots during writing, finding it easier to work out difficult plot points while dangling upside down.
O-o-o-k-a-a-a-ayy-y-y... Bats in the belfry?

No comments: