Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Lost in Space

Thanks to Netflix, I finally made it through the first season DVDs of the show Lost, which I liked rather a lot. (Appropriately, the last disc got lost in the mail, though.) The season ender was quite the cliffhanger.

Since I am impatient (and will forget what happened by the time the second season DVDs come out), I experimented with buying the second season opener via the Apple iTunes store. Only $1.99 per episode and it downloads slowly, but not too bad (it would never work on dial up). I don't have a video iPod but it plays fine through iTunes on my PowerBook and though I haven't watched the whole thing yet, the quality seems OK.

They have some other shows that look interesting--the old Alfred Hitchcock Presents, which is an odd choice. I've heard good things about the new Battlestar Galactica (which they also have), although I can't help but recall how godawful the original was.

No comments: