Thursday, December 15, 2005

Parental Discretion

Brad DeLong has a father-and-son talk about the Words and the bees:
Dad?

Yes?

Can you help me with the computer?

What's wrong?... Oh, spinning beachball of death I see.... What are you trying to do?

Print.

Print a document from Microsoft Word?

Uh-huh.

Did you save it before you tried to print?

I'm not sure.

What's the first rule of using Microsoft Word?

That it does not like me. That it is not my friend?

And so before doing anything major to your document, you?

Save.

Before you print?

Save.

Before you print preview?

Save.

Before you globally change margins?

Save.

Before you reformat all the paragraphs?

Save.

Before you save?

Save--there's something wrong there, Dad.

OK. I'm going to have to kill Word. Let's hope you saved your document...

1 comment:

J Willard Papercollector said...

you might need to do some updates on your word software if you are having so many problems...also you might remove the program and reinstall......check out the word website ...that is what i have done having various problems with the b. j