Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Trouble with Tribulation

Are you dreading or looking forward to The Rapture? I confess, having been brought up vaguely Catholic, it wasn't until I saw the very bad Mimi Rogers movie The Rapture that I had ever even heard of it, and only within the past 10 years realized that it was a real thing. Well, I don't mean a real thing. I mean...oh, you know what I mean. But for those of us who are looking forward to said Rapture (if only because it will make all the people who preach about the Rapture go away) we can still be annoyed by them post facto all during the subsequent Tribulation, thanks to a new service (via Boing Boing) called You've Been Left Behind. I kid you not:
We have set up a system to send documents by the email, to the addresses you provide, 6 days after the "Rapture" of the Church. This occurs when 3 of our 5 team members scattered around the U.S fail to log in over a 3 day period. Another 3 days are given to fail safe any false triggering of the system.
(Sent by "the e-mail"?) Anyway, consider yourselves warned. Six days, though. Hm. Hardly seems like enough time; I would imagine that the party will last at least twice that length...

Oh, and did I mention that it costs $40 a year to subscribe--until the Rapture. Seems like they win either way.

No comments: