Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Maya Con Dios

Via Pharyngula, I don't know that this movie is for real, but I have heard people (even intelligent ones) making a big deal out of the fact that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012. Apparently, this is supposed to herald the end of the world. I don't know; my "Breathtaking Views" American Lung Association calendar ends in December 2007 and I'm not especially worried.

From the Web site:
"I recently had the opportunity to view a new documentary called “2012 The Odyssey” If you are just starting your journey in learning about the theories and prophases surrounding the Mayan end date of December 21 2012, I strongly recommend this highly informative film.

In the documentary, you are invited to join author Sharron Rose on her quest to learn as much as possible about this fast approaching prophecy. Rose takes us along as she travels across the United States speaking with a virtual who’s who of experts on the subject at hand. Featured experts include, Jose Arguelles, Gregg Braden, Rick Levine, Geoff Stray, Moira Timms, Alberto Villoldo, Jay Weidner, the Incan Elders and who I consider to be the father of these theories, John Major Jenkins.

Rose also travels to many places of significant interest located right here in the United States such as Washington D.C., the Denver Airport and a new discovery for me, The Georgia Guidestones. She soon discovers that there are numerous groups and people who understand that this present age is ending and a new world is now just beginning.

In this documentary you will learn just about everything you need to know associated with the December 21 2012 prophesy. You will discover the secrets of the Mayans, the Incans, the Alchemists, the Christians, the Masons and others of our ancient ancestors concerning the end of time and the promise of our destiny as human beings.

I strongly believe that you will learn a great deal from this documentary, and that you will walk away with a more educated understanding of what awaits us over the next few years."
The Denver Airport?! What, did the Mayans predict an outbreak of lost luggage as one of the signs of the Apocalypse?

There's a really (unintentionally) funny trailer, as well. We can look forward to outbreaks of telepathy as 2012 approaches. Yeah, right. On the plus side, since the world will end on December 21, I guess I don't have to do any Christmas shopping that year. Whew!

Personally, I would instead look forward to 2112 The Odyssey. Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand!

No comments: