Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Zombie Nightmare

Oh, I don't know:
New Yorkers who blithely cross the street listening to an iPod or talking on a cell phone could soon face a $100 fine.

New York State Sen. Carl Kruger says three pedestrians in his Brooklyn district have been killed since September upon stepping into traffic while distracted by an electronic device. In one case bystanders screamed "watch out" to no avail.
Yeah, because the ban on driving while on the phone has been so &%$#%^ effective. (I almost got nailed again in CVS parking lot yesterday by a dork on a cellphone. It's a good thing I'm never on a cellphone; one of us out there has to be alert!)

Actually, I think it's rather entertaining watching people on cellphones try to cross streets--like watching someone play a video game like Frogger. I don't think we need a law; when it comes to the cellphone zombies, I'm perfectly willing to let natural selection take its course.

No comments: