Saturday, October 01, 2005

Harrumph!

I don't get ESPN2, which is where today's Syracuse-Florida State game is being televised. I did notice that you can watch games over the Internet via a kind of pay-per-view system but, alas, I tried and got this error message:

We have detected that your system is not currently equipped to use ESPN Motion. A Mac OS X version is in development, but for now, if you would like to use ESPN Motion, you must be using a PC with Windows 98 or better.

Interesting wording: "Windows 98 or better." I have a Mac; it is better. Growl. Oh, well, at least the game is on the radio. Then again, maybe I don't want to see this game...

I STAND CORRECTED: the game is actually on ABC, not ESPN2. But I was right: I don't want to see it...

1 comment:

Rob said...

Hey Rich, the same thing happened 2 years ago with MLB radio. It used to be if you could tap into a local radio station's stream you could listen to most games around the league. MLB caught wind of this and, being MLB, figured out a way to charge you.

I signed up (I think it was $10) and it worked fine on my OS 9 machine with Real Player. The next season I had OS X and guess what, no OS X version of Real Player would support this. Seeing I had already paid for the season, and was unable to listen to any games, I simply supplied all of my PC friends and coworkers with my name an password and told them to listen to as many games as humanly possible.

Take that Bud Selig.