Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Walkies!

Thanks to everyone who sponsored me in last Sunday's AIDS Walk in Albany. Because I raised
more than a certain amount, I got a free T shirt and sweatshirt. Sweet! More importantly, though, local organizations that provide help and counsel to those living with HIV and AIDS
got that much more to continue their important work.

I am told this was the 13th annual Albany AIDS Walk and boasted the highest participation yet. And the weather could hardly have been better.

Odd though: I was having severe beverage problems that day. They were selling water at the event, but when I tried to buy a bottle (I was thirsty!) I was chastised and told that it was for after the walk. So then I walked over to the Dunkin Donuts at Lark and Madison to perhaps get some coffee. I stood at the counter for a few minutes whilst the clerk tidied up the crullers; another clerk ambled over, asked if I was being helped, I said "No, not yet," she said "OK," and then both clerks disappeared into the back, never to be seen again. Well. Water water everywhere, nor any drop to drink!

No comments: