Friday, August 28, 2009

CD Universe

I want to take this opportunity to praise my favorite online retailer--CD Universe. I really don't buy much else aside from CDs, DVDs, and books (CD Universe does not sell books, alas), so whatever meager disposable income I have I usually spend at CD Universe. I have been shopping there since around 2002 or 2003, they have just about everything in stock that I have ever looked for, their prices are on a par with--or are often cheaper than--Amazon, and since their warehouse is located in Connecticut, most stuff usually comes the day after it ships without having to pay extra shipping.

Such has been my satisfaction with them that it was only recently that I had to find out what their return policy was (a CD came lacking an actual disc!). I sent it back with a short explanation, and they shipped a replacement the next day and even reimbursed me for the postage. They also don't spam me like Amazon does with those "When Databases Attack" e-mails promoting things I wouldn't want in a million years. If you're ever in the market for CDs (although I think I'm the only one who buys them anymore), DVDs, games, or even MP3s, I highly recommend them.

No comments: