Wednesday, June 17, 2009

They Blinded Me with Science

Last week, after The Decemberists show, I trucked on down to NYC for the World Science Festival, which I was covering for RealScience.us (I had met the guy who runs it in Santa Fe last week--no, wait last month; oy, tempus fugit). Anyway, I wheedled my way into the opening night gala at Alice Tully Hall and the subsequent reception where I actually got to interview Alan Alda (he is one of the co-chairs of the event) and was snarked at by James Watson (Nobel laureate and co-discoverer of the structure of the DNA molecule), but then Watson is 8,000 years old and is the most crotchety guy you could ever meet). It was a very enjoyable event; my decidedly un-Edward R. Murrow-like audio coverage can be heard here. A follow up report should be going up later today.

No comments: