Wednesday, April 25, 2007

All Quiet on the Western Font?

Well, then: I suspect this is more tongue-in-cheek than it comes off, but a couple of graphic designers are seeking to ban the use of the font Comic Sans, that bane of PowerPoint presentations:
My wife Holly and I are both graphic designers, and when we realized that we shared a common disgust for inappropriate Comic Sans usage we decided that rather than just complain about it we should take action.
...
In short, it's just not safe for unregulated public use. It should be handled like controlled substances or firearms, and should be used only by licensed professionals in very specific settings. Since we can't have it that way, I'm afraid it should be banned altogether.
Ah. True, I am not a fan of the font but as for launching a campaign to eradicate it, well, I guess I have a life...

No comments: