Monday, January 22, 2007

A Very GoodYear

I think I have solved my transportation problem (well, not really as problem per se). Instead of getting a new car, I think I will opt for my own personal blimp:
The Personal Blimp uses hot air (rather than Helium) for lift and virtually silent electric motors for propulsion. To put it another way: the Personal Blimp is a hot air balloon that can be maneuvered about in nearly perfect quiet. Passengers in a Personal Blimp have a serene experience of flight unavailable in any other type of aircraft. (Note: Initial flight tests are using a conventional gas-powered motor. Electric motors will be added once these initial tests are complete. Similarly, the initial flight tests are being made with conventional -- i.e. loud -- hot air balloon burners. Quiet burners will be added later.)

I suppose we should be happy it doesn't use hydrogen--oh, the humanity!

No comments: